Sunday, September 16, 2007

The State Fair

Yesterday we took all 7 kids to the state fair. I wish I could post pictures of the wonderful event, but then I would be lying. The next time you begin to feel that your life is a mess, pack your family into the car and head to the State Fair. I don't care which state you go to, I am afraid they will all be the same. There are so many strange people there, I could spend my whole night people watching. That is of course if I wasn't so busy trying to protect my little babies from the dust storm caused by thousands of feet shuffling through the dirt and straw. After about an hour, I had had enough and packed the babies, Alex and I into the car and went home. I left Steve to fend for himself with Jessica, Sage, Riley, and Tristan. I think it will be a long time before I even consider heading back there.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I have been through similar. Where is your smile now? Not until the babies are clean and down to sleep and the house is quiet for a few minutes. What a hero Steve is to stay with the rest of them and salvage the day!

Unknown said...

It's been quite a while since I've been to a state fair, but I've heard that at the state fair here in North Carolina they'll fry anything for you. Fried Snickers anyone?

I'll try to make sure Lindsay doesn't see this post--I think I'm going to attempt to convince her to go next time the fair's going on.